Meet Your Farmer - Farmers' Market Tours
Looking for a way to gain a better understanding of local agriculture and the importance of eating fresh, seasonal foods in a fun and interactive way? Try an exploratory walk-through of our local markets.
Tours includes fun seasonal tastings of farmer products, and take-home activities and recipes. Our interactive outdoor tours allow you to discover the diverse, unique varieties and delicious flavors of farm fresh food and explore and interact with the lively community created by farmers markets. Tours may be scheduled at any of our markets located within the Los Angeles area and are typically 45 to 60 minutes in duration.
- Introduce the concepts of seasonality, local food, and sustainable agriculture
- Enable you to interact directly with farmers
- Teach about the health benefits of eating farm-fresh food
- Explore the community created by the farmers market as a fun, interactive, and nurturing space
- Discover the diverse varieties and delicious flavors of foods available at the markets
- Discuss the environmental impacts of eating local and seasonal foods versus out-of-season foods that have been shipped long distances